We welcome compliments, suggestions, or concerns about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice

We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of a NHS system for dealing with complaints.

As a patient of the NHS you have a right to:

  • Have your complaint dealt with efficiently
  • Have your complaint properly investigated
  • Be informed of the outcome of your complaint
  • Take your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman if you are not satisfied with the outcome

How to complain (Local Resolution)
We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.

If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible, in writing, with the nature and detail of your complaint. Please address your complaint to the Practice Manager, Anna Harrison.

  • We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days and offer to make arrangements to discuss your concerns.  We will also give you an idea of how long our investigation may take;
  • We will then investigate your complaint within the practice;
  • We will keep you informed of the progress of our investigation;
  • We will send you a response explaining the outcome of our investigation and any actions to be taken as a result;
  • We will aim to respond to your complaint within 28 working days.  When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:
    • Find out what happened and what went wrong;
    • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this;
    • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate;
    • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again.

Complaining on behalf of someone else
Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality.  If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so.  A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.

Help and Advice
You may also receive advice from:

NHS England


Address: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT.

IHCAS and Healthwatch West Sussex

Independent Health Complaints advocacy Service (IHCAS) is a free advocacy service for residents of West Sussex who would like practical guidance and support on making a complaint.

Address: The Billingshurst Community Centre, Roman Way, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14 9QW

Telephone: 0300 012 0122


What to do if you are not happy with our response
If you are not happy with our response (local resolution) you can ask the Health Service Ombudsman for an ‘independent review’.  Their details are as follows:
The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
Tel. 0345 015 4033